I will help you develop useable, repeatable and measurable skill sets quickly and more efficiently than any other instructor! And, I can do so in the following training areas:
Self-Defense, Functional Fitness, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Arrest and Control, Jeet Kune Do, Filipino Martial Arts, Defensive Tactics and more…
Click the learn more button and learn how I can develop a custom-made curriculum just for you or your group!
My name is Roy Harris and I have an extensive background in martial arts, self-defense, arrest and control, defensive tactics, firearms, functional fitness and military combatives. I’ve taught nearly 600 seminars internationally, been featured in national and international magazines, been interviewed on numerous podcasts, produced several iOS apps, produced hundreds of instructional videos, written a book and had it translated into Spanish, and, I’ve written hundreds of articles for various websites.
If you or your team are looking for a structured, progressive, innovative and customized approach to instruction (whether it’s private lessons, seminar or workshop), I am positive I can help you solve your problems and reach your goals!
If you have questions or comments, feel free to email me here.
I look forward to hearing from you!
I. Harris.Academy facelift. II. Current list of instructors. III. More facelifts. IV. Jiu Jitsu Answer Man Book I. The Harris.Academy website got a facelift. Here it is: Harris.Academy II. Here is our current list of instructors: A....read more
The focus of today's Tip of the Day is on the use of the rear leg round kick. One of the most common errors I see in students is they do not rotate their body enough through their intended target when they use this kick. What happens is they end up leaving...read more
Harris Jiu Jitsu White Belt, First Stripe, Curriculum - Public Version I. Lineage A. Iso Mataemon Masatari (Founder of Tenjin Shinyo-ryu Jujutsu) B. Kano Jigoro (Founder of Judo) C. Tsunejiro Tomita D. Mitsuyo Maeda E. Carlos Gracie (Founder of...read more
Here is a recent interview I did with the Gracie Jiu Jitsu Rocks Podcast. I thoroughly enjoyed talking with the host. We covered a variety of topics and had a lot of fun on the show. I hope you enjoy listening to it! Roy...read more
Awareness Training Several years ago, I had some interesting dialogue with several people on one of my forums. This dialogue was about "Awareness Training." Below are some excerpts of this dialogue. Enjoy! Question: Mr. Harris, I'm hoping that...read more
Today's Tip of the Day focuses on a method of training for all Brazilian Jiu Jitsu over 40 practitioners. The method I show teaches the practitioner how to anticipate a particular point in time that happens a lot during sparring. The point in time occurs...read more
Since 1994, I have answered thousands of questions on various online forums, through Skype, Messenger, Facebook email and over the phone, as well as with personalized many instructional videos I have delivered through smartphones on the subjects of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Jeet Kune Do, Self-Defense, Filipino Martial Arts and various other styles. From theory to training to practical application, I’ve answered every question thrown at me – including the question “Which sports bra do you recommend for training?”!
In this book (The Jiu Jitsu Answer Man, Volume One), you will read the updated versions of the questions I’ve answered – beginning in 1994 and up until recent months. In this volume, there are over 200 pages of content.
In this book, I answer twenty-plus important questions, show ten-plus new articles, share ten-plus fascinating stories from my travels around the world as well as show you a handful of never-before-seen video content!
If you’d like to preview the book, you can DOWNLOAD IT FOR FREE here!
Or, if you’d like to purchase it, click on the Buy On Amazon button below.
Since 1994, I have produced 300+ instructional, informative and entertaining videos. I have also participated in a variety of interviews on various forums and websites.
The videos you see on the Videos page are but a small portion of the videos I have produced over the years. As time goes on, I will add more videos to this collection!
Click on the “More Videos” button below and enjoy!
• Thursday, September 21: All day defensive tactics training at the PD
• Saturday-Sunday September 23-24: BJJ seminar at Nova Fitness in Rochester, NY
• Thursday, September 28: All day defensive tactics training at the PD
• Saturday, September 30: BJJ seminar at MKG CLE in Cleveland, OH
• Friday, October 6: All day defensive tactics training at the PD
• Saturday, October 7: BJJ over 40 and Kali training workshops at East Wind Martial Arts in Riverside, CA
• Thursday, October 19: All day defensive tactics training at the PD
• Thursday, October 26: All day defensive tactics training at the PD
• Saturday, October 28: BJJ training at Baja Jiu Jitsu Club in Mexicali, B.C., Mexico
• Wednesday, November 1: All day defensive tactics training at the PD
• Thursday, November 2: All day defensive tactics training at the PD
• Wednesday, November 8: All day defensive tactics training at the PD
• Friday-Sunday, November 10-12: Harris International Family Gathering in Mexicali, B.C., Mexico
• Wednesday-Wednesday, November 15-22: BJJ seminar and private training at Trondheim BJJ Academy in Trondheim, Norway
• Friday-Sunday, December 1-3: Harris International Family Gathering in Bonita, CA