December 2017 Update
As 2017 closes out, I began thinking back to the successes and failures, goals reached and unreached, and many other things. I am happy to say I have more smiles than frowns when I look back on 2017. So, I give myself a report card and a grade of somewhere between a “B” and a “B-“.
As I was reviewing all of these things in my mind, I began going through some of the videos I had uploaded to my YouTube Channel recently. I came across a few that brought back a few laughs and some great memories of years gone by. Here are a few that made me smile:
1) Blindfolded Self-Defense Training – Circa 1992
If you have time, I would ask you to do the following:
– Go to My YouTube Channel and subscribe. This way, you will receive automatic email updates whenever I upload new videos in 2018. NOTE: I have great plans for my YouTube Channel in 2018!
– While you’re on my YouTube Channel, watch a bunch of videos and please like a handful of them.
– And while you are there, if you have questions or comments on any of the ninety-six (96) videos on my channel please ask. NOTE: Not all of my videos are visible right now. I plan to release more of the current ones, as well as produce more videos, next year.
Having given myself a “B” grade for this year, I am now on a mission to get AT LEAST an “A-” in 2018. Are you with me? Do you feel me?
How do I plan to do that? Well, here are a few plans for the year:
• Take my business to the next level! I have learned some fascinating and uncomfortable things about myself and my business this past month. Change has whispered in my ear. I am going to be a good boy, listen and follow through!
• I will be producing more books, apps, and online courses – in English and Spanish!
• I will focus more on police officers and agencies who truly desire to improve their skill sets – and less with the ones who do not.
• I will focus more on “In-Home” private lessons throughout Southern California.
• I will focus a lot more energy on the new projects set in motion this month.
I am looking forward to the challenges of 2018. And, I look forward to working with many of you!
Thank you for your time!
Have a great New Year,
P.S. I know some of you may be wondering why did I give myself a “B”. Well, I gave myself this grade because I over-promised and under-delivered in a couple of areas. Also, I made some mistakes along the way.
What kind of mistakes do you ask? Consider the following:
I just found out that the Kindle service from Amazon.com WILL NOT update the list of buyers whenever an author updates his or her book. Unfortunately, I was given false information back in 2014 when I first uploaded the book 🙁
What does this mean? It means that the recent update I did for my book, “The Jiu Jitsu Answer Man” (as of December 2017) will not go out to those who have previously ordered and downloaded the book. Only those who order and download the book after December 24, 2017, will receive the new version.
Now, this isn’t entirely my fault because I believed what someone from the Kindle community told me back in 2015. However, since I have a project bearing my name I will take responsibility for the screw-up. So, for those of you who ordered the Kindle version of my book BEFORE December 2017 and you would like a printed version of the book, please do the following:
• Send me a copy of your receipt from your Kindle order – with your name on it.
• Send me a check for $32 for a copy of the printed version – and I will mail you one. This fee includes the cost of shipping anywhere in the continental USA (NOTE: The normal cost for the printed version would be $48. So, you are saving 33% because of my mistake!)
• You can mail this check to Roy Harris, 2260 El Cajon Blvd. #196, San Diego, CA 92104
Thanks for your business!