Are you interested in learning how to develop practical skills in Self-Defense, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Arrest and Control, Jeet Kune Do, Kalis Ilustrisimo, Grappling, or Kali? Would you like to learn how to get these skills in 24 hours? Click the button to learn more!
What I Can Offer
How can I be so confident? Simple: I have designed training curricula for military units, police academies, hundreds of officers, college students, CEOs, senior citizens, housewives, security agencies, pilots and other global travelers for the past two decades. And, I receive rave reviews and keep being asked to return for follow-up training!
So if you’d like to join me in the fascinating journey to gain useful skills quicker than traditional methods, click the button below!
Frequently Asked Questions
Question #1: How do you teach private lessons?
With each client, I make a big effort to find out what their end goal is for the lesson. Then, I help them obtain it!
For example, some clients want to experience the euphoria of learning something new and challenging. So, I evaluate their current skill level and give them some things to challenge their minds and movement patterns. Other clients want to experience the adrenaline rush of sparring with me. So, I spar with them at their level, just below their level and just above their level. This way, they get to experience struggle, exhaustion, and success. Other clients have very specific requests for their lessons (e.g. Police officers, pilots, martial art instructors, real estate agents, Seals, business and vacation travelers, women, college students, flight attendants, BJJ practitioners in their 50’s and 60’s, the physically challenged, etc.). I ask them to tell me where their difficulties are and then help solve them.
Long story short, I continue to teach weekly private and semi-private lessons in client’s homes and at their places of business and worship throughout San Diego, Orange, Los Angeles, and Riverside Counties. I keep getting invited back for more lessons, so I guess that’s a good sign.
Question #2: What topics do you teach at seminars?
Having taught 700+ seminars since 1987, I have been asked to teach a variety of topics. Here is a small glimpse:
• Brazilian Jiu Jitsu: “The Pareto Principle” (i.e. the most important 20% of Jiu Jitsu to know, train and develop that will give the student 80% of their results).
• Jeet Kune Do: “How to See and Intercept an Opponent’s Attack” (i.e. context, how to see and identify the precursors, fastest tools for intercepting, etc.).
• Filipino Kali: “Low Line Warfare” (i.e. a myriad of low line kicks that travel from as low as the toes to as high as the groin).
• Kalis Ilustrisimo: “How to Train with Simplicity and Efficiency” (i.e. 3-4 simple defenses mixed with 3-4 highly efficient offenses).
• Self-Defense: “Raising Your Level of Awareness” (I taught students how to read walking patterns, gestures, circumstances, eye movement patterns, and specific behavior patterns so they could leave before violence presented itself).
• Arrest and Control Training: “Perform Your Job More Efficiently and Look Better On Camera” (i.e. I taught officers the subtleties of the F.I. stance as well as the other four imperatives for making physical contact with subjects. From there, I taught them how to train – because technique-oriented training is very limiting and rarely gives officers a skill).
• Military Combatives: “How to Train Realistically While Minimizing Injuries” (i.e. a mix of theory, technique, tactics, and 10+ methods of sparring).
• Brazilian Jiu Jitsu: “The One Thing Training for Finishing Straight Arm Locks” (i.e. the most important element to learn and train for finishing armlocks from the top positions).
“I have had the privilege of training privately under ROY HARRIS on and off for the past 15 years. He has trained me in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and in the ILUSTRISIMO SYSTEM of KALI. I found him a patient teacher and detailed instructor in both arts that he teaches. I would highly recommend him and his martial art material to anyone.”
“I have had the great opportunity to learn from Mr. Harris for the past 12 years through seminars, private lessons and MMA camps. I have implemented numerous of his training ideas and methods into my martial arts training regiment. These ideas and methods have made a positive impact on my martial arts journey. I am truly thankful for his influence in my life!“
“Mr. Harris, I have NEVER heard concepts explained the way you do. They were so simple and illuminating. It was like a light bulb went off in my head and I finally understood how things were supposed to work. You’ve changed my game, my way of looking at BJJ training, and most of all, how I teach defensive tactics. Your teachings are ABSOLUTELY a game-changer!
One of the other guys who trained with us called me later and said, “This dude is Gandi!”
Also, I ordered your “Guard Passing Simplified” online course and have watched 65% of it. Wow! I learned more in that one course than I did in the past 20 years of training. So simple, EASY to understand, yet effective.
Fantastic job Roy. See you next week!“